Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Rockstar Dream......continuez.

Ever since I've started playing the drumz, I've wanted to make it big, and be all famous and shit, ya know the old saying, Sex, Drugz, and Rock 'N' Roll! I've been playing drumz for 10-11, yrz now, and so far al it's ben iz Barz, Booze 'N' Boobz, (haha, I said boobz), Sometimez I loose the drive and just want to get a regular job behind a desk, with a sharp looking suit, and make lots of money, But my roommates say I look like a "fag" when I try to clean myself up, so I just shave from time to time. My band haz alot of history behind it, what with al our 6 hour practicez, song writing, breakups, memberz leaving, band fights, band rivalry fights, drummer rivalry fights, trouble on the road, wild sex partiez, and just good old fashioned fun with and without booze, we could seriously fill up an hour and a half to 2 hourz of Vh1 behind the music. Sometimez I feel cursed az a drummer, Not that I think I'm some prodigy, but I can honestly say I am pretty damn good, (confidence, not cockyness), Cuz Drumming iz all I really have, I'm no handyman, not a computer wiz, I can cook a mean chicken and burn toast, I don't clean bathroomz, or do the dishez alot, I'm not "manly" in thoze wayz, But.....I can play the drumz, make people laugh, be a listening ear, and an awsome friend. Drumming iz my only claim to fame, I have played with my own band, for 7- 8 yrz, played in tonz of worship bandz and been recomended for worship bandz, filled in for drummerz in other bandz (that's where the drummer rivalry fights come from), played in a jazz band or 2, Had sex JUST because I am a drummer, and to top it off, I teach drumz to little snot nose brats who think I am the greatest fuckin person they gave ever met and then go and ask there mom if I can come over for supper! What the hell?......I'M JUST A DAMN DRUMMER!!! .....my question iz this, what could God possibly want with a guy like me, no other skillz than playing drumz. I womanize, I drink, I swear, I'm irresponsible, Kidz for some messed up reason love me......I just don't know what I could be worth to him sometimez, .....I'm kinda getting away from where I wanted to go with this.....So I'm starting a new project with John Fieldz which I am very excited to get going, It will be a nice change from my other band for a while, and John haz more of a Buisness sense in the music world, Hopefully one of our first gigz will be to play The Freeway and I realy think we will go along way together and maybe live the rockstar dream after all. Well that waz quite the rant. Thanx for listening, L8er. Age!! ( and leave a comment, I don't write this stuff to be cool......although I probably could).

1 Comments:

Blogger Meagan said...

You forget that God doesn't need you for anything, He keeps you around b/c he delights in his creation and loves his children.

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home