Wednesday, October 18, 2006

"Jesus Christ Man!!!!"

Almost everyday I walk home form work, and everyday I encounter some of the strangest people, some old, some young, some crazy, they offer me drugz, sex, ask for money or smokes, or just give me cut eye az I pass by all dresses up in my buissness attire after a hard day of lying to people.

But there's one man I have never been able to figure out.....I call him the Jesus Christ man, because almost everyday I pass him and with the biggest smile on his face and a bunch of tracks in hiz hand he shouts " Jesus Christ.......Acccept him into your heart, you know he lovez ya, don't be afraid, Jesus Christ Brother". Now, this iz kinda scary az it iz, but the thing that gets me most iz he doezn't fit the typical discription of a bible thumper. For example: There's the guy in Gore park who shouts a sermon through a megaphone every sunday morning, rain or shine and haz a few people try and rally up people passing by, There'z the 2 old ladiez and one old man that stand outside of Jackson square simply stamding still, holding the "Awake" and "Watchtower" magazines in some vain attempt thinking that people are gonna take one out of their "One foot in the grave, cold dead handz." It's like come on ladiez do a Jig or something, make me want that waste of paper excuse for a magazine. And then there'z the good old Mormonz....... the only elders that are too young to shave. They alwayz tag team ya 2 on 1, and talk about star babiez and junk. Your starting to get the picture right?

But this Jesus Christ man, doezn't look anything like theze people I've discribed. He'z not in a suit and tie, or holding magazinez, and he doezn't abush you when your not looking. He'z just a guy in a simple tee shirt and jeanz, probably late 30'z early 40'z, a little rough looking exterior, but definatly not bummy. Kinda looks like one of The Trailor Park Boys. I'm sure he works some blue collar job all day and comez home to hiz lonley little appartment with hiz stolen cable, a cold beer and hiz dog "blue". It actualy looks like he's on hiz way to the bar or the grocery store az he just walks aimlessly down the street preaching hiz message to anyone that will give in a 2 second glance.

I guess I'm just wondering what makes this guy do this? Other people I see trying to cram God down peoplez throughts do it in a big conveluted way, this guy just walks down the street in his simple Jeanz and tee shirt, in a simple way and doez the same thing getting the same work done for Jesus, just on a way smaller scale.

I don't know why I find this strange, but I do. I'm sure God iz pleased with hiz effort az he iz with all of us who do it in our own way.

anywayz, just a thought....L8er.

2 Comments:

Blogger the lovely kaelyn said...

I don't see God in crazy yelling, but maybe in his nature, but not in his yelling. I am a little jaded by any form of overt evangelism

11:10 PM  
Blogger Jaymie said...

Maybe you should strike up a convo and ask him about it.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home