Monday, February 12, 2007

The gig of a lifetime, the big gig.......just slipped out of my fingers..............FUCK!!!

I just got a call from a guy who waz looking for a drummer for hiz cover band, we had e mailed back and forth once of 2wice, finally he calls me tellz me the deal, and that they play 4-5 nights a week, tour the whole east coast a few timez a year opening for some big namez, (Default, Headstones, Nickleback etc) you get the picture, They basically make their living doing this, making $500-$600 a week...EACH, az a cover band. And he soundz super cool, a crystal clear enthusiastic voice, a little older than me, about 29 yrz old, the rest of them are in their 30'z, but who carez az long az I get to do it for a living like I've alwayz dreamed my one and only wish since I waz a kid. One problem.......when looking at his phone number I see that it iz a "519" area code, SHIT!! He'z from Woodstock, I don't have a problem with Woodstock itself, but I Can't get there...... CUZ I DON'T HAVE A MOTHER FUCKIN CAR, DAMNIT!!!!! (let alone a licence to support me driving a motor vehicle.) I literally fell to my knees and wanted to throw the phone through the wall. He wanted me to be hiz drummer, totally enthusiastic and everything. I had it in my grasp, it waz mine. I would have gotten it, I can play anything..........ANYTHING!!! I don't even have a bicycle to pedal my little chicken legz all the way there.

In the end.....he said he'd keep me in mind............Booernz,...... Booernz indeed!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Margie said...

Praying

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nooooooo. adrian!

frig - how about you get your licence ... get a car off your earnings from the labour board and then tour the coast!?

If you ever wanted a ride to woodstock or home from there if ever you can play with them once and while - remember me! i drive home to the hammer on fridays and back to london (woodstocks on the way) on sunday nites!

sorry buddy. But hey, if this offer came then another one totally could!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Rachel Pede said...

i echo miranda...i drive through woodstock alot on my way home to sarn-hole.
if you ever need a ride and i'm going i'll bring you in a heart beat.
sorry, this sucks.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home