Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Nothin to do, and all day to do it.

Finally a good snow day, and because I hate staying inside and doing nothing, I'll go out and get something productive done. I pack up my laptop and head out, my only mode of transport iz the shoelace express and the snow iz past my shinz,.... ALL ABOARD!!!

My first stop iz the FRWY, a nice spot to start my day with a cup of coffee and some serious thought but I soon realize it iz Clozed. Crap! Alwell since I have my tax stuff with me I can at least do my tax stuff, so I stop in for a coffee at PAM'z coffee shop in Jackson Square which iz also where one of the guitarists from one of my bandz works, so we have a sit down and after a few calls confirm a practice time for Saturday at Tony's Jam House, Done! Ok onward to H&R Block and get something done............CLOSED!!!! Damnit! Well I didn't come all the way downtown for nothing, I'm gonna get some work done on my day off even if it kills me, at least I can go to the libraray (Yes that's right, I said library....) and do some sort of research on the buissness of music or read a drum magazine to get inspired and learn something......No Dice C.L.O.S.E.D!!!! It seemz to me that the whole city iz closed down even the Employment agency, where I go to find the millionz of various jobz I have had iz closed, and I even overhear that Centre and Eastgate Mall are closed because of the weather. I guess I'll have to go home.

Az I step in the door I kinda feel az if it waz a wasted morning cuz I didn't get to do anything productive. So I start checking E mailz in a desperate hope that I will not be subject to a lazy day doing nothing.

EUREKA!!!! YeaY, I found some work for me to do!!!! Some one haz contacted me about a show and needz informative detailz, so I spend quite a while getting info, responding, MSNing, phoning cutting and pasting, confirming, so that I can get this show together, I only take one break to go play VDO gamez with Josiah upstairz. But then it's back to work for me, no rest till I feel I have done something to make my day a productive one.

I seem to do this all the time to myself. I alwayz feel I have to do some kind of worky thing when I have nothing to do, cuz for me it's the difference between getting into the music buissness az a drummer, and failing at it. I just don't like to be lazy when I know that there iz something to be done Musicwise. And without Kaelyn here to..........um........(choosing wordz carefully) "Distrac...no.....*Spend Valuable Loving Time With*, I go even harder. (just kidding honey xoxo,
merry valentinez day!) Even az we speak I'm messaging people, E Mailing and making callz for various musical oppertunitiez for me and eating dinner at my desk. I even called Randy to get some info for a gig, then asked if I could come over to listen to the tracks I recoreded the other day and he said "not today, It's Valentinez Day Remamber?" Oh ya, a short slip of the memory, good thing I made that special delivery this morning on my way out. *wink, wink*

I can't beleive I can make myself so busy even when there'z nothing to do. I'm determined, never give it up, my love for music.

Anywayz, I gotta get back to work, I just thought of tonz of stuff to do that will keep up for hourz on end.....

1 Comments:

Blogger the lovely kaelyn said...

you are supposed to make special deliveries BEFORE Valentine's Day so I receive it ON Valentine's Day silly-head. Oh well, I am still excited :)

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home